Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's beginning to look a little like Christmas

What with our being poor college students and our having our parents' homes already quite lavishly decorated for our enjoyment, I figured we would not have much of Christmas cheer around our little apartment. However, that was before Matthew brought home this:

O Christmas Treetop

Though he claimed to have stolen this cute two-foot catch from his parents' house, it actually was discovered to belong to him (or his old bedroom, anyway), and we combined a few of our own personal ornaments to decorate it. You can't tell from the picture but it has colored lights on it too.

But this was just the beginning. Our barren kitchen-door window was a source of much sadness to us over the fall. Fortunately, my amazing husband once again knew the cure!

I'm Dreaming of a White (Blue?) Christmas

I will modestly refrain from telling you which two (hint, hint) I contributed to the cause; they turned out rather nicely though, for which I am glad since I was watching Stardust at the same time.

The newest addition in our efforts to Christmastize our apartment arrived yesterday, courtesy of a shopping trip to an outlet store in search of good deals.

Little Baby Jesus

Believe it or not, we got this cute little nativity set absolutely for free! (With any purchase) And I love it already, though we probably need to find a better place for it than its current situation.


The next thing we need to do is figure out how we can recreate this fireplace and Christmas living room scene, which we visited while walking through the Riverwoods outdoor lights display a few weeks ago.



Isn't it absolutely the cutest, Christmasy-est thing ever!?!?




Let me tell you some more about that friendly red lamp that those people are clustered around in the last picture. First of all, there are many of these lamps around the outdoor light display. Secondly, they emit heat. Thirdly, I am in love with them and I want one in our bedroom. How about it, Santa? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?


Also last week, my husband was overcome with an urgent need to make snickerdoodle cookies, so it's also beginning to smell like Christmas. Or at least, like cinnamon and sugar. Eh, close enough.
 

We have five more stacks of these waiting to be eaten or given away. "Serves four" (direct quote from recipe) my eye!

No comments: