Thursday, December 1, 2011

Five Things I'm Thankful for Today...


Matthew and I, one year ago

Wow! I really need to write in my blog more. If there is anybody out there checking this regularly, I apologize. Whilst perusing my endless list of email drafts, I came across an interesting log I used to keep sporadically called "Five Things I'm Thankful for Today." Here are a few entries from last year that I thought I'd share (with my updated comments and clarifications in parentheses):

October 13, 20101. I didn't sleep in and got to work out with my Matty. He also kissed and teased me in the weight room, no less!
2. Some guys in the racquetball court were SUPER impressed by my flexibility - they were stopping their game just to stare... Not so sure that's a good thing, but it did make me feel pretty awesome.
3. I looked up BYU's grad school program and thankfully, they have a late deadline. March 1st!
4. I get a shot at the editing internship for the Church tomorrow!
5. I got to spend FHE with my wonderful boyfriend and I'm going to tell him tonight for the first "official" time that I love him. He deserves it after our amazing Saturday together.

November 3, 2010
1. I got through the Cosmic Yang leg day weight-lifting routine - BOOYAH! - for the first time in MONTHS. And this despite getting a late start at the gym due to some shenanigans going on with Matt having to chase a bus down for his brother to catch.
2. Matt texted me the sweetest thing yesterday about how he noticed all the guys at the gym eyeing me and that's why he would interrupt my workouts to give me a hug (and mark me as his property). Today, even though I had a nosebleed and felt quite ugly and exhausted afterwards, he made me feel pretty by telling me my exercising in the weight room was very attractive. Awwwww.
3. My history professor and I exchanged some friendly emails about the slavery class. He gave me a review sheet and said he'd love to have me write an evaluation of the class at the end of the semester. I love his classes so much, so I don't mind that it won't be anonymous.
4. Mom picked me up at the bus stop when I was feeling too tired to walk home.
5. Matt and I are seeing "The Scarlet Pimpernel" tonight at the Hale theater. I'm super-duper excited.
 
November 8, 2010
1. School finished early - my professor wasn't there and I didn't have to worry about the paper cuz we just watched a movie in class.
2. I ate a pizza bagel and my favorite kind of yogurt for lunch :)
3. Matthew and I worked out in the morning :)
4. Matthew got a 98 on his math test. He is smart!!!!
5. It rained today. That's not always a nice thing, but I enjoyed walking around, smelling the fall air and feeling the wetness and wearing my cool blue jacket.

November 30, 20101. My classmate and I got our book (for a class on editing, we had to put together a small book) printed! There was almost trouble when our cover was too big, but somehow it magically fixed itself.
2. I love looking at the picture of Matt and me on my phone. I'll probably get to kiss him goodnight tonight.
3. My fellow Americana editor says Americana (the American Studies student journal) is ready to be printed. AT LAST.
4. Matthew and I are going swimming tomorrow. I love swimming!
5. Finally got on a good volleyball team for once in my volleyball class - hooray for being on a team with guys who are tall and can pass the ball (no, I didn't mean for that to rhyme).

Pretty cool way of documenting my life as well as my blessings. Also, I am feeling the urge to go to the gym again - apparently I did that a lot more when Matthew and I were just dating, ha ha!

No comments: