Monday, February 16, 2009

Wishing there was a "pause" button on life, but I guess the "rewind" and "fast-forward" will have to do...

I’m very, very sorry for my shameful neglect of writing about the past few days. I will try to do better over the next week (assuming I can get you all caught up with this week in the next week. This should be easier than it sounds, since I won’t be doing much for the next three days besides going to work and doing homework). But here’s a quick flash through the past if you can’t stand to wait for the long forthcoming posts:
Thursday, Feb 12: Happy Birthday Lincoln! – went to work, narrowly escaped having to do phone duty THREE days in a row, did homework all night. Didn’t write blog. Wept.

Friday, Feb 13: Woke up feeling lucky despite “Friday the 13th,” went to interesting class on gun rights debate, enjoyed day at National Art Gallery and Air and Space Museum. Didn’t write blog. Slept.

Saturday, Feb 14: !?!?!? Oh, yes. Valentine’s Day. Went to Mall, went to Memorials (Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam). Cringed at home, safe in bed, while Valerie and others went out “clubbing.”
Also: Took pictures :)
Also: Ate ice cream :)
Also: Forgot to call Dad and say happy birthday :(
Also: Didn’t write blog :(
Also: Saw “Coraline” at Union Station. Good! :D And scary! :B
Also: Cupcakes...more to come.

Sunday, Feb 15: Slept until church. Church until 2. Slept until dinner. Dinner until fireside. Fireside until...11 pm. Yup. Didn’t write blog. Sorry.

Monday, Feb 16: President’s Day! No work! Went to Mt. Vernon with Valerie and pretty much spent the WHOLE day there. AND I want to go back in April.... :) That should tell you just how much fun it was. Oh, and how cooooold it was.

I do have a lot of great pictures from Mt. Vernon and everywhere else, and honestly will try to do more posting over this week, I promise. Professor Bowen has cancelled our ARP for the week and pushed our next paper until next Monday, so that frees up some time—hooray! I can’t believe the semester is already almost half-way over. Yipes!

And, some quick things to tell everybody:

To Dad: Still no birthday package – were you bluffing? I am seriously running out of oranges, here... And I am still trying to find that post office I spotted. I’ll try harder this week.

To Mary Alma, Sarah, Hannah, and the family: Thanks for the fun Valentine’s Day emails, cards, and messages! I really do feel very loved! (And guilty that I didn’t send you anything as nice back...but I do love you, I promise!)

To Sarah: Keep posting. Comments, that is. Just kidding—your blog posts are also very, ah, revealing. Though I really am desperate to get a picture of that whole “gangster” fiasco.

Also to Sarah: I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I completely forgot about our planned “chat” session tonight! Will you forgive me? Can we chat later?

To Hannah: Love the haircut!

To Dad or Daniel: Did either of you take care of picking up that Phi Kappa Phi package?

To Kirsti: I adore the intelligence, wit, and humor of your “Floof Family” posts. And I am frustrated at my inability to leave comments reflecting this devotion. Also, I am dying to know how you celebrated Valentine’s Day (other than those hours which it is assumed that you spent in researching, sampling, and composing the history of that most highly esteemed delicacy of me and my fellow goddesses, namely, “cho-co-la-te.”). How did the Miller and Bobo family traditions clash—er, meet? Were the first dates realistically recreated or romantically refashioned (Translating Latin by candlelight? Nibbling on chocolate AND whole wheat bread? Taking a jog...to a romantic overlook?)? Did he buy you flowers? Chocolate? Poems? Strawberries? Books?

To Eddie: Baw baw baw. Baw baw. BAW.

To Mama: I love you :)

4 comments:

Hoosier said...

I checked on the fruit order, and it is scheduled to arrive today (Tuesday), so let me know what happens. Glad we didn't send cupcakes or ice cream or chocolate, as you seem to have plenty of those. I would advise you to give the marmalade to the poor - make that, to the deserving poor, which group does not include yourself, due to your shameful neglect of this wonderful blog :)

Sarah said...

Guess what. I forgot too. I'm debating my next post: which would rather hear about cheesy soap-operas or American Idol? lol Sarah

Kirsti said...

Well, Ruth, I had disabled the comments so that nobody would feelany obligation to post. I don't know why I felt that way, since I myself actually like commenting on everyone's blog entries. So if you really care all that much, I shall enable the feature.

As for our Valentines, it involved chocolate, lunch at the park, a romantic movie, much reading of poetry, and a red tablecloth.

@Sally Pie: What's the difference? Seems to me that American Idol is a cheesy soap-opera.

Unknown said...

LOL at the American Idol comment Kirsti! Say Ruth, if I send you more cards, will you accept them and/or give to someone else(s)? If not, I will console myself somehow. Sister Betts says Hi! by the way and remembers your Christmas wrapping service.