Saturday, January 31, 2009

Coming SOON...

Ok, so I’ll begin by apologizing profusely for not posting more in the past few days... As Dad correctly surmised (or at least hinted at), I’ve been using my evenings to sleep more and write less (okay, not at all). The results have been pretty good; I stayed awake during all of class on Friday (although bringing my laptop computer to class rather than just blank paper was a significant contributing factor) and likewise during all of the movie we watched on Friday night (“Big Fish”; I didn’t think much of it in the category of “good movies,” but it’s pretty much awesome in the category of “swoon-worthy footage of Ewan McGregor”). However, this does not mean that there has been nothing worth writing about as of late! Here are a couple of pictures to peak your interest for my sharing of past adventures:

Take a close look around the dark environment and guess what significant artifact of cultural history I am blocking from your view. Also note how GREEN my eyes look in this pic. This makes me feel REALLY guilty for having “Blue” on my driver’s license...

Here’s a picture from the Utah Senate room on Inauguration Day, since I fully intend re-hashing that subject when I post all my inauguration pictures. In this picture you can completely alter my facial expression if you cover either half of my face; I prefer the left side but the right side is probably closer to the way I was feeling at that moment.

I turned it into stone... Still questioning my capacity to be thought of as “The White Witch?”

Honey, we shrunk the cathedral!!!
To those of you who are at a loss for a response to this disturbing image, be afraid. Be very, very afraid right now.
The White (Witch’s) House: “Do you see those ten trees? My house is BEHIND those ten trees.”
Hopefully, having nothing to do tomorrow but stare at the clock until it hits the far-too-late 24 hour mark from the beginning of my fast to the end will afford me with plenty of time to actually write and post these proposed entries with the accompanying pictures.

Toodle-oo!

4 comments:

Hoosier said...

Thanks for the post, as we were beginning to wonder... Nothing big to report here. I started at Sandy Concentra on Friday and return tomorrow, and came down with a big cold in honor of the occasion. Must be the stress - I'm trying to wash hands a little more frequently to avoid spreading it. MA got an acceptance letter from the nursing program at College of Eastern UT in Price, so at least she will have one choice in the fall. Dan attended an all-day legal conference at BYU yesterday as part of his pre-law prep class. Sarah finished her Personal Progress yesterday and probably will get her patriarchal blessing soon. Hannah finally made her weight goal of 115 pounds and will stop the Ensure soon. Mom is working on study journals and monitoring the doings of Congress and President O rather closely, when not doing all of her usual good work.

Kirsti said...

I actually think the li'l penguin statue's kinda cute! Think what a good conversation piece it would make in your living room -- particularly with a lampshade over its head.

It's nice to know you're safe after all, Ruthiebabe, even if you have morphed into the White Witch in your absence. I suspect it must be all the donuts, pizzas, and Turkish delight.

Unknown said...

The Penguin reminds me of the villain in The Wrong Trousers with Wallace & Grommit. So yeah, I quaked in my socks a bit. And I don't know about White Witch. You could do the voice alright, but I think you would make a much better Mrs. Beaver :).

H G Miller said...

Great to see pictures!!!
The first looks like the typical self photograph with the illusion of a beautiful smile. I think your eyes are green but I could be wrong...
The other pictures are great too of course. Who are the guys in the cathedral one (and which cathedral too? just curious).
Is that one weird sculpture of a penguin?

*peeps*
The Ultimate B.


p.s Hoosier STOP MENTIONING MY WEIGHT!!!!!
):( I don't want the whole world to know I'm an ex anorex. Isn't there a rule against disclosing a minor's weight? I could sue...