Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I CAN write short posts--see!?

It’s almost 11 pm here and I really want to go to bed, so this is going to be BRIEF. Everything’s good here. I made it to work through the icy slush and treacherous slippy spots, got my work done along with several non-work projects (thanks for your help on the tax stuff, Dad!), and took the Metro home to give myself enough time to go shopping at Safeway before heading back to the Barlow Center in time for a 6:30 briefing. The 6:30 briefing was very nervewracking and depressing (all about nuclear weapons in Korea and how frustrating it is that we haven’t done anything and can’t really do anything and probably won’t do anything), but very interesting all the same. BUT I was still very tired and had to fight hard to stay awake. Immediately after the briefing we had Institute class, about the Presidents of the Church/Presidents of the U.S. Sister Blanchard had provided us with dinner, practically—chili, crackers, fish sticks, cheese, cookies, and milk—so I at least didn’t have to worry about fixing myself something to eat afterwards! I wouldn’t have had time anyway, cause right after Institute Valerie and I had an appointment with our home teachers. They kept us talking until I had to break it off for my 9:30 pm appointment with my visiting teachee/companion, which lasted until 10:00 pm. Our other teachee was sick and we couldn’t find her, so we ended up leaving a note and some orange juice outside her door.

I was not happy at missing the opportunities to go to Barnes & Noble, the gym, or the free concert tonight, but... “there’s always tomorrow!”

6 comments:

Kirsti said...

Well, chili is an improvement on donuts, anyway -- particularly if it's gotta do for dinner.

And, what -- no pictures of the 6:30 briefing to tide us over 'til your next blog?!?

Hoosier said...

It sounds like you seriously need some sleep - glad you're not driving, at least. Not much new to report here, either. MA helped me with home teaching last night, and Sister J asked about you and now has your blog address. I have more papers to fill out and certificates to scan today for Hill AFB before returning to Sandy Concentra tomorrow. I visited with the crew at Redwood Road yesterday and caught up on all the latest news. More firings in Colorado, but no more in SLC except for the performance-related one that they are trying to replace now.

H G Miller said...

Hi Ruth! Sounds like you're living an busy life in D.C. I can see some of us are anxious for pictures from the previous blog posts :). Don't forget to relax and get plenty of sleep (something I need to do myself *yawn*)

*Peeps*
The Ultimate

Sarah said...

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz

Daniel said...

If you ever visit my blog, you'll learn a new definition of short posts! But short or long, you need some pictures, post haste!

Unknown said...

Well, I can't be the only one out of this posting business. I did pretty good on my first tests of this course and this year, so I just might survive LOL! I'm re-reading my old journals and Daddy's newsletters and they are pretty funny even if some of them are not very flattering.