Saturday, January 17, 2009

I AM STILL HERE

I know what you're all thinking. I got lazy or tired or busy and skipped a day of writing. Well, you'd be WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What really happened was that the Barlow Center decided to start breaking, piece by piece (we've already gone through trial by fire, water, temperature, and smell), and we have no internet access at home until WEDNESDAY. This wouldn't be too bad of a problem, except that next Monday and Tuesday are pretty much the biggest days in history here in 2009 in Washington D.C., and you kinda need a computer to figure out what's going on and what there is to do and all that. Right now we've found a temporary solution in the George Washington University Library, but of course, they'll be closing on Monday and Tuesday, sooooo, it looks like we'll be the most uninformed, ignorant batch of students ever to be plopped in the middle of Washington D.C. during the presidential inauguration...

Fortunately, we still have power, and I have Word on my computer, so I will keep writing daily in that. Expect to get a bombardment of past news from my life on Wednesday morning!

P.s. As far as the Barlow Center woes go, I wrote a nice long blog entry on Microsoft Word the other night giving all the specifics, so I'll let you wait until Wednesday to figure out what happened. I saved this nice long post in Word, but was unable to email it to myself since, um, there was no Internet. Sigh. "Trial by Internet" is proving to be the most difficult challenge faced in the Washington Seminar so far.

2 comments:

Hoosier said...

I hope this means we will be getting a phone call from you tomorrow (Sunday). We need to discuss your next (and last) big package :)

Unknown said...

Wow, "trial by water, Internet, temperature, and smell" sounds intense! Hang in there!