Sunday, January 8, 2012

What did you do on Saturday?

I read this book. All of it. In one day.


My reasoning went as follows:

It's short (Okay, so it's 377 pages).

My husband had read it over the past week, and was raving about how great it was (and yet, infuriatingly, he wouldn't tell me enough about it to satisfy my curiosity).

The author wrote Jurassic Park. It MUST be good.

Finally, and most importantly, I felt I deserved a break from grad school after spending 14 hours at school on Thursday and Friday.

The good news is that my husband and I can communicate fully and honestly with each other once more.

The bad news is that I now am subject to dreams about talking computers and giant squids in addition to my worries about procrastinating on the nightmarish amount of reading/research/writing required for my two grad school classes.

It's going to be a long January.

And finally, here is a picture for my nephew Robert of something else that happened on Saturday:


No comments: