Sunday, October 4, 2009

Feeling Happy

I took a little weekend off, from schoolwork and from blogging, and am feeling much refreshed now and ready to tackle the books and everything else tomorrow morning. We'll see how long that feeling lasts - I predict until 6 am tomorrow morning - but in the meantime, I'm enjoying it.

I mainly spent the weekend watching General Conference with my family. For any non-LDS readers, by the way, General Conference is a semi-annual meeting for all the members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints where all the apostles, the prophet, and some other leaders of our church speak. It sounds a little crazy to be excited about listening to people talking for eight hours (in two-hour periods over two days, but still) but that's how it is, and I can't remember a time when I wasn't thrilled about General Conference. I used to draw pictures while I took notes, then I started drawing pictures of the speakers or their topics, but now I can take notes for the whole time without losing interest in the message. Too bad I can't have the zeal when it comes to all of my classes, eh? Anyway, I loved all the talks but especially Elder (Elder is a title of the priesthood in our church) Jeffrey R. Holland's, about the witness of the Book of the Mormon (The Book of Mormon is a second book of scripture that witnesses of Jesus Christ), and Elder David A. Bednar's talk about how we need to say, mean, and do certain things, like bear our testimonies to our families and express love to each other.

Well, I guess I'd better get to bed now. Tomorrow will probably be busy - I have three classes to go to, and a lot of grading and reading to do. Not to mention that I need a new library book to read... any suggestions?

1 comment:

Hoosier said...

Have you read That Hideous Strength recently? I guess it's not really a new library book, but it's worth returning to every few years.