Monday, November 15, 2010

Reasons Why I Love my Boyfriend, Part 1

Being "that couple" who manages to show teasing acts of flirtatious affection even in the most inappropriately public of situations, I was not surprised when my boyfriend, exhausted after completing his workout of the morning, fell on his knees in front of me in the weight room.

"Are you going to shower now?" I asked, since it was about that time and I didn't recognize this strange collapsing motion as part of the usual workout.

"Well, actually, I was going to ask you to marry me," he responded. "But yes."

I laughed/snorted and shoved him in the Elaine Benes 'get out' fashion.

**************

"Keys?" I asked Matt in the car later that morning, signaling that it was time to hand over my keys so I could get in the house and he could get to work.

"What, kiss?" He responded, leaning in. (On the cheek, if you're wondering...)

What followed next was a lot of LOL-ing.

*************

Sunday, getting out of the choir room and to the car:

"How do you intend to open the door for me while holding my hand in one hand and all the choir books in the other?" I smirked, fully intending to demonstrate my feminist "girl power" by opening the door all by myself.

"I'll manage," he grunted, twisting to one side so he could free two fingers.

"You're going to have to take off your shoes if you're planning on using your toes," I said.

Suddenly the door flew open.

"Quick! Run through! Hurry!" gasped Matt, ready to throw himself into the path of the door to prevent it from closing but chivalrously forcing himself to hold back until I walked through.

"Someone's holding it," I said, still surprised. My surprise increased when I found that no one, in fact, was holding the door, a fact which Matt realized more literally than I.

"I pushed it open - didn't you see?" Matt gave me a funny look.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Ruth, SOO cute! I love your bf too. haha. :)

Kirsti said...

Y'know, I think Matt should be a little more careful when it comes to mock-proposals. If he keeps this up, you're liable to fall on the ground laughing out of habit if you two advance beyond the cheek-kissing stage and he ever decides to ask f'reals. And that could do serious emotional & psychological damage.