Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I think I have College Senioritis

So everyone, it's 2:07 am, and here I am, writing an essay prompt due tomorrow in my 9:30 class. The prompt was emailed to us today - since, of course, I had, like, nothing to do on Saturday.

Luckily, it's only 250 words, and I already planned out what I need to say about 5 hours ago sitting at a desk in the Wilkinson Center. So why did I wait until now to do it? Good question! Could it have something to do with the fact that I just spent the last four hours researching and writing a prospectus for a paper due tomorrow in my Civil War class!?!?! (Why yes, that would be the class I was ready to kill myself for last Friday) Or perhaps the news that I now have 40 new reading responses and 17 new student papers to grade before next week? Or possibly the fact that I just started a new book last night and it was SO interesting and I couldn't get to sleep 'cause I couldn't stop reading it and then I was super tired the next morning and I'm desperate to find out what happens but can't go to bed because of this silly essay prompt and can't work on the prompt either because I'm starting to go craaaaaaaaaaaaazy!?!??????????????

Mmmm. And all of a sudden, I feel better. Amazing what writing can do to you, isn't it?

Here are a few good things that I can think of that are going on, just to balance out any ideas you may get that I'm about to kill myself before the semester is even a third through.

1. After tomorrow, I will have a bit of a breather in at least two of my classes. This means I'll get to a) exercise more, b) read more, c) fiiiiinally watch Amazing Grace, and d) get caught up on homework.

2. General Conference is coming up this weekend. It's the best, really. If you don't watch it or watch all the sessions, you are missing out.

3. I have an exciting book to read that isn't school-related. YEEEEEESH!

4. October - probably my favorite month of the year - is just around the corner. Can't wait for this heat to go away!

5. Today I got a really sweet compliment from a guy. Too cute/embarrassing/private to share on the blog, but just know that it was that sweet.

6. My sister got a humongous harp - it's taller than my BED! - and, though it looks a little creepy in the living room all covered with a dark tarp right now, it adds quite the classical flair to our house. Can't wait for the next home teachers' visit!

7. I happened to be outside near the ASB when the flag was lowered today, and got to stand all still and quiet and reverent while the anthem played and the guard folded the flag. That makes the first time this semester! It's so neat to see everyone standing still on campus and showing respect for the country. Yea America!

Well, I feel a bit more invigorated now, so I'll try to finish this little assignment here and then off to bed and my book, if I can still keep my brain working, that is. Good night!

1 comment:

Hoosier said...

I'm proud of your patriotic spirit during the flag ceremony. At Hill AFB Reveille breaks out at 7:30 each morning, the exact time that I am supposed to be inside seeing my first patient. So I tend to be more irritated than choked up when I get caught outside in the parking lot and have to stop and show respect for two minutes.