Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You only THOUGHT I died in a plane crash...

And, ladies and gentlemen (all...er, seven of you? Hello?), after taking a much-enjoyed two-month break (from blogging - I've been plenty busy doing spring semester stuff), I'm BACK! I enjoyed the break, but I definitely don't want to go so long again without writing in what is pretty much now my journal.

So, I got back from Washington DC....um...a long time ago. More details on that later, as well as on the many things that I didn't get the chance to talk about before leaving. Like the Museum of National Crime and Punishment, and the...zoo. National Zoo, that is.

For right now, let me bring you back up to date on me. After getting back from DC, my immediate priorities were 1) finish my research paper for Pol Sci 399R, and 2) get ready for spring semester. I finished the first on May 16, after an unfortunate string of almost all-nighters, and am pleased to report my happiness with the results. As for the second, I just finished taking my CHum 230 (Print Publishing) final, and only have the ELang 325 (Grammar) final tomorrow before I am done withe spring semester! Hooray!

Other priorities I've got going now include the following:

1. Ward organist/RS pianist/choir pianist/Relief Society teacher (first lesson THIS SUNDAY!)
2. Writing more in my blog/journal. Yeah! Aren't you happy?!?
3. Working on the Americana journal for next year. Our chief editor graduated, and we're kind of in the lurch. Good thing I just took a print....publishing...class. Oh, shoooooot.
4. Cleaning up. I have to make a school portfolio for last winter and this spring, and organize all the stuff I brought back from Washington.
5. Work on Christmas presents! Never too early, right!? Speaking of holidays, I'm also going to be turning 21 this summer.
6. Read a ton of great books and watch a ton of great movies. That's what summer's all about, right?
7. Prepare for imminent doom, also known as GRAD school. Eek.

Wish me luck in all of the above, please, but feel free to pick favorites. #6 is mine!

1 comment:

Kirsti said...

8. Write to your sister-in-law, who has ben languishing in agony as the number of days since your last letter increases.